Thursday, May 11, 2006

Gumdrop Party




So as this amazing invite designed by S. indicates, we're having a goodbye party at the gumdrop over Memorial Day weekend. I'm pretty stoked for it, as it will be a good way to get (hopefully) all of my friends in one spot, and should make for an afternoon of excellent food (I've seen the menu-it's catered!) and fun. If you're reading this and we've spent more than an hour in the same room, chances are I want you to be there, and I'm hoping I'll get some Israel people (hi, Amanda!) and maybe even some Smithies to come down, if I'm lucky. I am completely wrecked over having to leave the house, but I think that having all of the people who I love and adore there for one last time will really make a difference. I'm trying not to get bogged down with all the insanity that's going to be going down over the next month (Two weddings, an ankle surgery and a possible cameo at my college reunion, in addition to the move) but I think this will be a good way to slow down for a day and just enjoy having a good time. If nothing else, it will make for some excellent meeting and blending of personalities and I can't wait to get everyone together for a good time. Secretly, eventhough the invite only says 4-8, I'm hoping people just linger all night, and it turns into one huge amazing pink couch party, because god knows the New Ro crew is attatched to those couches. I'm considering stealing one of the pink pillows that goes with them, it's just too comfy! So yeah, all in all, I'm excited for the party, now if my dad could just get his act together and send out an invite (admitedly not this amazing invite pictured above, he is an old fart and wants something lame and boring. Shocker.) then we can get this show on the road.

No comments: