Thursday, June 21, 2007

Things about today which are better than yesterday

Having had our last fumigation yesterday, S & I took it upon ourselves to finally put the apartment completely back together. No more sheets for curtains, or stacks of art on the floor instead of the wall, you know, things like that. After looking around at our apartment, we wondered whose it was, as it certainly didn't resemble where we'd been living for the last 6 weeks. Then I passed out at like 10 from exhaustion. Then I woke up this morning. This is where the fun starts. Because even though I've only been awake for like half an hour, I have already had several 'YES!!!!' moments. Here they are:

1. I slept til 8:15 because there's real curtains on (BOTH!) windows and it was dark in here & I could sleep. YES!!!!!
2. I sat on the futon and it was actually comfy because there's a real cover on the mattress & not harsh canvas under my tush. YES!!!!
3. I could walk over to my dresser without wondering who could see my ass because there's a curtain over that window. YES!!!!
4. I haven't walked over to my dresser in 6 weeks because I've been getting my clothes out of black plastic marauder-proof bags. But we put all our clothes back in drawers, so I know where everthing is. I can use my dresser. YES!!!!
5. I can wear my favorite purple skirt to work today because I finally got it back from the dry cleaner because we've fumigated three times and nothing can survive that, barely even us. AND now I have more than just three work-appropriate outfits. YES!!!!

And that was just in the first few minutes. This day is going to rock.

No comments: